High-accuracy color-management software
Upgraded color representation
with excellent color reproducibility
Nagano, Japan (July 15, 2016)
Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd. (President and Representative Director: Kazuaki Ikeda), a leading global manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers and cutting plotters, announced that the Mimaki Profile Master 3 (MPM3) color-management software will be launched in July, 2016. MPM3 will enable users to reproduce equivalent colors when printing on different types of media with the same printer unit or when printing with different printer models and inks, without the need for any special knowledge.
On a daily basis, quick and accurate color management is required for matching print colors among different media or multiple printer models in print factories. Our color-management system, the Mimaki Profile Master (MPM), satisfies strict professional color-matching requirements without the need for special knowledge or experience. The newest version of this software, MPM3, will preserve the useful features from the current version (MPM2) such as an equalization scheme that allows color matching among multiple models of the same printer, while also introducing new features such as an emulation scheme that enables the reproduction of equivalent colors when using different types of inks and printers. MPM3 allows newly installed Mimaki printers to reproduce the colors printed by other printers in a factory. Moreover, MPM3 supports “Mimaki Expand Color,” a new input profile of RasterLink6*1, which is capable of reproducing colors that are superior to a conventional profile, enabling attractive print results with high-contrast color shades. Furthermore, MPM3 enhances printer performance while maintaining the printing environment.
*1: Mimaki genuine RIP software
Mimaki Profile Master 3 | Product page
- Advanced device profile creation capability: Improving color representation of the print
- MPM allows creating a device profile*2 that is compatible with each type of medium or ink without difficulty. Such customized profiles utilize the characteristics of media or inks and provide the best print results satisfying clients' needs.
- MPM3 can create profiles that accommodate "Mimaki Expand Color," a new mode of RasterLink6, and deliver upgraded color reproducibility with clear and high-contrast color shades.
*2: An output profile used for Mimaki RIP software, RasterLink series.
- Emulation: Delivering accurate color matching
- The new emulation capability of MPM3 reproduces colors equivalent to the ones that are produced by different printer models, including those from other manufactures. This capability eliminates the color-matching issues that occur when replacing or adding printers.
- The useful equalization capability of MPM2 is also included in MPM3 to moderate the color differences among multiple printers. This capability allows the same image to be printed with multiple printers simultaneously, thereby enabling large-lot orders to be completed in a short time or undertaking urgent orders.
- Calibration: Maintaining print color
- Print color quality is constantly maintained by measuring color differences with a colorimeter. The detected color differences are easily corrected to the specified values.
*3: Delta E (ΔE) values are used for describing color difference.
1. Advanced device profile-creation capability: Improving color representation of the print
Users can easily create a custom device profile that is compatible with each medium or ink by following wizard guides, and a customized device profile*4 utilizes the characteristics of media or inks and provides the best print results satisfying clients' needs. In addition, an input profile-creation capability*5 is planned to enable the creation of input-output profiles. MPM3 provides a profile for satisfying clients' needs and broadens users' business opportunities.
*4: An output profile used for Mimaki RIP software, RasterLink series.
*5: This capability will be available on version 3.1.1 and later.
Moreover, MPM3 enables users to create a profile that accommodates "Mimaki Expand Color," a new input profile of RasterLink6*6. "Mimaki Expand Color" can reproduce more vibrant solid colors and brighter skin tones than a conventional input profile and provide more attractive print results with high-contrast color shades; bright parts are brighter and dark parts are darker.
*6: Mimaki genuine RIP software
Effectiveness of Mimaki Expand Color, a new input profile of RasterLink6
2. Accurate color matching
1) Emulation: Reproducing colors that are equivalent to those printed by other manufacturers' printer models.
The new emulation capability reproduces colors that are equivalent to those produced by different printer models, including ones from other manufacturers, by measuring color charts with a colorimeter. This capability eliminates color-matching issues that occur when replacing or adding printers.
2) Equalization: Matching colors among the same printer models.
The useful equalization capability of MPM2 is also included in the new software. Color differences among multiple printers are simply equalized by measuring color charts. This capability allows the same image to be printed with multiple printers simultaneously, thereby enabling large-lot orders to be completed in a short time or undertaking urgent orders.
3. Calibration: Maintaining print color
After printer maintenance, in particular, after printhead replacement, print colors may differ from the specified ones. Color differences are calculated after measuring color charts using a colorimeter. Since the differences are described as numerical values,*7 anyone can recognize and correct color differences without special knowledge.
*7: Delta E (ΔE) values are used for describing color difference.
|Operating System||Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10|
|CPU||Intel Core2Duo 1.8GHz or higher|
|Memory||1GB or higher|
|HDD||30GB or higher|
|Compatible colorimeter||X-Rite i1Pro/Pro2, X-Rite i1iO/iO2, X-Rite i1iSis|
|Compatible Mimaki printer model||Mimaki printer that uses USB2.0 or Ethernet connection|
Note: Above requirements are subject to change without notice because of technical improvements.
Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd.
Postal code: 389-0512
Address: 1628-1 Otsu Shigeno Tomi Nagano, Japan
Tel: +81-(0)268-64-2281, Fax: +81-(0)268-80-0041